- Business Development Officer position is responsible for acquiring & managing clients, assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers towards the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- The successful candidate will be a highly effective salesperson and be fully capable of managing deals by navigating the customer through all facets of the sales process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loan Portfolio/Deposit Growth: Support the evaluation, authorization, and approval of loans given to customers including the authentication of the documentation presented for all credit applications and ensuring they meet KYC, loan assessment and any other documentation as required by the regulators. Execute process for the recollection of disbursed loans including the recovery of items pledged as security on delinquent loans. Also, the successful candidate will ensure that the deposit target is adequately achieved.
- Client Engagement: Managing existing client engagements, appraisal of customer loan applications, and approval or rejection of applications within agreed timelines and loan limits.
- Debt Settlements: Support in managing non-performing loans by conducting analysis, and develop and recommend plans to eliminate client debt. Manage past due accounts and determine the appropriate collection action to be taken for clients and reports on the status of delinquent accounts.
- To grow the loan book and inform smarter, faster credit decisions and superior portfolio management.
- To scale up the loan portfolio with minimal losses and exceptional returns.
- To achieve a deposit target.
- To market investment products
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- 1 to 3 years of experience (preferably commercial) working with an Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Commercial Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in a Business Development Role (with experience in the financial services sector a plus).
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Understanding of credit risk and country risk management process.
- Understanding of credit risk mitigation and financing mechanisms.
- Strong financial and credit analysis skills and undertakes detailed data analysis.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Broad knowledge of applicable statutes, laws, and regulations that govern banking and lending in Nigeria.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Investments or related Business discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects including considerable experience meeting commercial milestones (i.e. achieving revenue or profit targets).
- Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs.
- Outstanding communication skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience regardless of the final credit decision.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills including the ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite.